Have you ever wondered what happens after a seller sells a property to a buyer? How does ownership of the property get transferred from the seller to the buyer? What is the exact process?
This insightful short course explains the conveyancing process in simple, understandable steps. It deals specifically with the conveyancing process in the South African real estate market. The course is presented by Bernard van Tonder, an experienced conveyancing attorney at Van Tonder Incorporated. Bernard is an expert on residential property transfers.
Below are the main chapters of the short course:
- The Agreement of Sale
- Appointment of the Transferring Attorney
- Cancellation of Existing Bonds
- Payment of the Deposit
- Approval of the Purchaser’s Bond
- Signature of the Transfer Documents
- Payment of Transfer Duty
- Payment of the Municipal Rates Clearance Figures
- Receipt of the Guarantees or Payment of the Balance Purchase Price
- In the Deeds Office
- Registration of Transfer
The e-course is presented online. Please ensure that you have access to the Internet when viewing the e-course.